Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ever Since By Faith I Saw The Stream....


"Ever since by faith I saw the stream
Thy flowing wounds supply
Redeeming love has been my theme
And shall be till I die!"


"The grandest fact under heaven is this - that Christ by His precious blood does actually put away sin, and that God, for Christ's sake dealing with men on terms of divine mercy, forgives the guilty and justifies them, not according to anything that He sees in them, or foresees will be in them, but according to the riches of His mercy which lie in His own heart. The justification by which comes from God Himself must be beyond question. If the Judge acquits me, who can condemn me? If the highest court in the universe has pronounced me just, who shall lay anything to my charge? ...No tongue can tell the depth of that calm which comes over the soul which has received the peace of God which passes all understanding." (Charles Haddon Spurgeon)

Born in 1834 and died in 1892, Charles Haddon Spurgeon was England's best-known preacher for most of the second half of the 19th century. Here was a man who lived to the full - he was all out for God. It is unlikely that any of us can compare remotely with his God-given brilliance, but we can all ask God for something of his devotion to the Savior and his love for souls. For more on Charles Haddon Spurgeon, do visit the following links below...


Have great and blessed days ahead Bloggers!


No comments: